Behind Closed Doors is a non-profit organisation campaigning for the rights of animals used in experiments in Israel. We firmly believe in the basic right of animals to live out their natural lives free from pain and suffering. Our goal is a complete ban on all animal experiments.
Our aims focus on the following:
• to expose what is being done to animals behind laboratory walls and to document the level of suffering that these animals endure, as a means of revealing the truth about such research;
• to increase public awareness about the deliberate suffering caused to animals “in the name of science”;
• to improve on existing legislation and to ensure that it is properly enforced;
• increased public accountability regarding animal experiments;
• to pursue, wherever possible, legal challenges against researchers and their institutions, as well as the national authority responsible for overseeing animal experiments;
• to actively promote the use of non animal methods in education, academia, drug development and regulatory testing;
• the inclusion of bioethics studies in all life sciences courses;
• to ban the export of primates from Israel to other countries.
Behind Closed Doors is a registered, non profit voluntary organisation.
Our members are comprised of dedicated individuals, including doctors, scientists, lawyers as well as academics outside of the life sciences.
The organsiation works closely with other animal protection and animal rights groups in Israel and overseas.
The organisation is funded by public donations. Our major activities include exposing animal abuse, producing and distributing material to inform and educate the public, and the application and improvement of existing legisaltion.
The success of our activities depends on your collective support.
Donations can be made online on our website (via Paypal).
You are invited to contact us:
Anat Refua, Chairwoman
Dr. Andre Menache, Scientific Advisor
Ronit Zigelbom, Secretary